Join our Customer Success Team at ArangoDB to provide high-quality post-sales services to our Enterprise Customers. As Senior Database Support Engineer you can contribute your expertise and personality to make our Customers and Community Users successful, and build a world-class NoSQL database with us. You will be part of an extremely committed and globally distributed remote team, which provides 24/7 reactive technical support. The role requires on-call rotation and off-hour work, if necessary.
About the Role
- Provide quantifiable and awesome customer support experience for all our users via ticketing system and video calls
- Work closely with Customers to troubleshoot ArangoDB problems on various configurations
- Interact with our Engineering Team to drive to the resolution of the most challenging issues
- Educate customers on best practice materials for all aspects of ArangoDB
- Leverage product usage data to proactively engage Customers experiencing product issues
- Advocate the Customer’s perspective during product and architecture planning
- Work directly with Field Operations (Sales, PreSales), Product Management to process, defect, and feature requests encountered during adoption and retention effort
- As we provide 24/7 reactive technical support, the position requires some off-hours work and on-call
- Prior experience in customer-facing roles, Distributed Systems/Database, and SQL or NoSQL technologies
- Experience with containerization (Kubernetes)
- Unix/Linux system administration (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Experience with ticketing systems (JIRA, Salesforce, etc.)
- Remaining calm in pressure situations and adapt quickly to change
- Strong troubleshooting and excellent technical communication skills
- Experience with databases and especially graph technologies is considered a plus
- All candidates in Europe & East Coast US will be considered. This will be a fully remote role. Availability to travel within the EMEA region and to our location in the United States is NOT required.
- The over 80 minds of ArangoDB come from 4 different continents and over a dozen countries. Diverse backgrounds enable us to see new solutions. We love this diversity and encourage everyone who is curious and visionary to join the multi-model movement.