ArangoDB is a successful international open-source startup (born in Cologne, with HQ in the US) that is developing a modern database technology used worldwide. ArangoDB is being supported by a community of several thousand software developers and a fast-growing customer base. For the more tech-savvy among you, ArangoDB is a native multi-model NoSQL database.
Our team is very international and spread over several countries, but what we all have in common is excellence in our field and a passion for our startup. We are looking for a Financial Controller to work directly with the CFO in a small, growing team to help ensure the financial and legal compliance of the companies’ business during international growth.
About the Role
- You work closely with the CFO by designing and implementing scalable and compliant Finance processes, maintaining a strong internal control system, and by driving a continuous process of improvements within the Finance department
- Your responsibility is to ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- You support all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- You support the month-end and year-end closing process and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and forecasts
- You work closely with external service providers on legal and compliance topics regarding local, state, and federal reporting requirements and tax filings
- You will get the chance to conduct additional projects within accounting and controlling
- Most importantly, you have a love for numbers and data and analytical talent, plus problem-solving skills and a hands-on mentality
- You have the willingness to own goals and to drive the work necessary to accomplish them in a dynamic environment
- You bring 2+ years of accounting and finance experience in addition to a University degree in Business or Economics to the table
- In addition to experience with German legal entities (must have), you have previous experience with statutory and international accounting under US GAAP
- You have knowledge of accounting concepts and procedures, general ledger functions, the month-end/year-end closing process, and the creation of financial statements
- You are a proficient accounting software user and have administration skills (Datev and QuickbooksOnline is helpful), experience with ERP systems is a plus
- Fluent German and English skills
What we Offer
- The role will be based in Cologne or Berlin and will report to our CFO
- A competitive and attractive compensation package
- The over 70 minds of ArangoDB come from 4 different continents and over a dozen countries
- Experience working in an international environment, including travel to Berlin or Cologne and San Francisco
Diverse backgrounds enable us to see new solutions. We love this diversity and encourage everyone who is curious and visionary to join the multi-model movement.