ArangoDB is an open-source, highly scalable Graph Database. In addition to graph, it is natively supporting a number of data-models, including Document and Key-Value as well as Full-Text Search and Retrieval. Besides the database, we also offer a managed cloud service - ArangoGraph Insights Platform. Our platform provides fully hosted, managed, and monitored deployments of the ArangoDB database on all major cloud providers for our clients.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer
to advance the infrastructure and operations part of the ArangoGraph Insights Platform. Our platform provides fully hosted, managed and
monitored cluster deployments of the ArangoDB database on all major
cloud providers for our clients. You will be able to contribute
significantly to this state-of-the-art service and take a leading role
in shaping the strategy of hosting ArangoDB on multiple cloud providers.
All candidates in US East Coast time zone (GMT -5) will be considered
About the Role:
- You own the infrastructure and platform side of the ArangoGraph Insights Platform project
- You design and develop the cloud infrastructure on AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure for reliability, efficiency, and scalability
work closely with customers to solve their platform &
infrastructure-related issues as well as with the engineering side to
automate a scalable deployment with Kubernetes
- You contribute to the monitoring strategy and alerting processes
- You develop custom monitoring tools and metrics dashboards, both for internal use and the client-side
- You test the platform for resilience, running disaster recovery tests, and implementing disaster response plans
- You have 5+ years of experience in building and maintaining large-scale distributed cloud infrastructures (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- You know how to monitor and analyze distributed cloud systems and troubleshoot in production
- Working with deployment container tools for Kubernetes, docker comes naturally to you
- You bring a love for automation to the table
programming experience with the above languages is a must
- You understand common networking protocols as well as high availability and load balancing techniques
- You communicate pro-active and friendly with team members as well as customers
- Last but not least you have experience deploying, running and debugging databases and database clusters in production, ideally including ArangoDB
- All candidates in US East Coast time zone (GMT -5) will be considered
- Our headquarter is in San Francisco (US) and we have an office in Cologne (Germany), but most of our diverse team works remotely worldwide. So, do you prefer your desk at home or do you want to join us at one of our locations? Your choice.
The over 100 minds of ArangoDB come from 5 different continents and more than 20 countries. Diverse backgrounds enable us to see new solutions. We invite people from every culture, national origin, religion, with every sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and of every age to apply to our positions. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Arango is committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on any of these characteristics. We love this diversity and encourage everyone who is curious and visionary to join the multi-model movement.