Join our Customer Success Team at ArangoDB to provide high-quality post-sales services to our Enterprise Customers. As Senior Technical Support Engineer (m/f) you can contribute your expertise and personality to make our Customers and Community Users successful, and build a world-class NoSQL database with us. You will be part of an extremely committed, globally distributed, and virtual team of Engineers, which provide 24/7 reactive technical support. The role requires on-call rotation and off hour work, if necessary.
We are currently looking for a candidate that can work during US business hours. We will give precedence to candidates physically located in the United States. Candidates not located there but willing to work US business hours will also be considered. This is a working from home remote position.
About the Role:
- Provide a quantifiable and awesome customer support experience for all our users, via ticketing system, email and phone
- Work closely with Customers to troubleshoot ArangoDB problems in both cluster and single server environments
- Interact with our Engineering Team to drive to resolution the most challenging issues
- Perform product tests and participate to internal QA and bug verification activities
- Educate customers on best practice materials for all aspects of ArangoDB
- Leverage product usage data to proactively engage Customers experiencing product issues
- Advocate the Customer’s perspective during product and architecture planning
- Work directly with Field Operations (Sales, PreSales) and Product Management to process, defect and feature requests encountered during adoption and retention effort
- As we provide 24/7 reactive technical support, the position requires some off hours work and oncall
- Strong troubleshooting and excellent technical communication skills (in English)
- Prior experience in customer-facing roles, and SQL or NoSQL technologies
- Network fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, HTTP)
- Root cause analysis
- Unix/Linux system administration (RedHat, CentOS, CoreOS)
- AWS, Docker and containerization (Kubernetes)
- Experience with ticketing systems (JIRA, Zendesk etc.)
- Remaining calm in pressure situations and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Experience with databases and especially graph technologies is considered a plus
The 50 minds of ArangoDB come from 4 different continents and over a dozen countries. Diverse backgrounds enable us to see new solutions. We love this diversity and encourage everyone who is curious and visionary to join the multi-model movement.