As Solution Architect at ArangoDB, you are both a pre-sales technical consultant and a product evangelist. Through product presentations, you demonstrate to clients the technical problem-solving abilities of our product and discuss use cases directly with developers, ops teams, and managers on different levels. As part of the Sales Team, you are an integral part of the revenue-generating activities in the Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
About the Role
- You prepare and deliver outstanding technical presentations and architecturally sound demonstrations of ArangoDB for clients
- Drive Proof of Concepts/Technology (PoCs/PoTs) with prospects and customers, often in comparison to other (NoSQL) database technologies
- Solve technical problems of our (potential) clients with the best solution for the client in mind
- And work closely with the Sales Executives in your area, participating in client meetings
- You own the technical relationship with existing customers and are the trusted technical advisor for product recommendations and new features
- Coordinate with Product Management and Marketing by providing them with regular feedback regarding customer demands and trends
- Work with Marketing for contributions and feedback on technical whitepapers, conduct seminars, assist with trade shows and other marketing-related events in this area
- And communicate with and contribute to the worldwide ArangoDB community
- Strong track record (3+ years) in modern enterprise architecture pre-sales or as a consultant, ideally in a startup environment
- Broad and thorough knowledge of systems and application design, in-depth knowledge of (NoSQL) databases and distributed systems, previous graph database experience highly preferred
- Administration experience with various operating systems (Linux, Windows), distributed systems, cloud, and data storage is highly preferred
- High-energy, upbeat, tenacious team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication
- Plus outstanding relationship building skills with a high degree of responsiveness and integrity
All candidates in Europe will be considered. This will be a working-from-home role. Availability to travel within the EMEA region and to our location in the United States is required (about 25%). Due to the current situation, the travel share is currently at 0%.
The over 80 minds of ArangoDB come from 4 different continents and over a dozen countries. Diverse backgrounds enable us to see new solutions. We love this diversity and encourage everyone who is curious and visionary to join the multi-model movement.